Skip to main content

About Me

About Us

Welcome to Budget Off-road Touring. This is a small little blog about our own camping and four-wheel driving experiences. Our names are Lauren and Shaun, from Camden in Western Sydney, and we drive a 2015 Isuzu D-Max dual cab. Shaun has been camping with his family for as long as he can remember but we have only begun to enjoy the great outdoors together in the last couple of years.  This blog will be just us sharing our experiences with four-wheel driving and touring around Australia while we show that you don’t need to spend over 100k to get out and explore the great outdoors. 

Solo Trip to Belanglo State Forrest

 A few weeks ago, I embarked on my first solo camping adventure out to Belanglo State Forest. Tragically, because of the history behind Belanglo, many people will never see such an amazing camping spot. It is important to never forget the innocent lives that were lost in the forest, however, I believe, the best way to honor their memory is to go out an pay your respects at the memorial within the state forest. 

While I was on my trip, I stopped and paid my own respects, however chose not to film this as I believe that it would be disrespectful. History aside, Belanglo offers some amazing scenery and is a perfect place for any beginer 4 wheel driver. There are many fire trails that allow you to learn how to pick a line and use high range. There aren't any really difficult tracks (that I could find) which would require anything more then a stock 4x4. Simply dropping your tyre pressures will be all you will need. 

If you don't own a 4 wheel drive, there is no need to worry. There are plenty of dirt roads which an every day car will be able to drive down in order to explore. I stayed at the Daly's Clearing Campground, which provides a drop toilet as well as picnic tables. A relatively flat campground which is very easy to get to, definitely one of my favourite spots. 

To see all about my adventure, watch the video on YouTube. 

Comments

Popular Posts